Let’s be honest for a moment, hiring a lawyer is an expensive thing no matter what you are hiring them for it will cost you a pretty penny. Now, if you win the court case that you are hiring your lawyer for the fee might very well be worth the investment but if you lose the case it can seem like money thrown down the drain and no one likes to throw money down the drain.
Today, let’s take a look at some of the most frequently asked questions when hiring a family lawyer in Melbourne. Hopefully, this will help you make an informed decision on which type of legal representation to have on your side.
- This might be the most popular question asked…Have you handled this type of case before? We want someone experienced because experience means winning, right?
- Have you ever been sanctioned for or accused of attorney misconduct? This is important because an accusation or conviction of attorney misconduct could make your attorney less believable which in turn might hurt your case and as a consumer, you have the right to know.
- What will the fees and expenses be? While the answer to this question may not be as cut and dry as a simple number because there is a lot involved when it comes to attorney fees, and most attorney only charges you if you win, each attorney will be different and have different fees but if you can get a good estimate even before hiring them it will help you immensely. Also when asking about fees talk about payment plans and payment options as well as retainer fees and when payments would be expected.
- Are there alternatives to the trial? Your attorney might have options instead of taking your case directly to trial. Ask and see if there might be an easier less involved way to settle the case, this can be especially helpful when children are involved in divorce cases to puts less stress on them to have the situation handled outside of court.
- How long have you been practising law? Experience as stated before tends to lead to more skills only because the attorney has had a variety of situations to handle and with each case, they develop different skills to add to their arsenal of knowledge in the area. This isn’t saying a new lawyer wouldn’t be good because that just wouldn’t be true. If you are comfortable hiring a newer lawyer, by all means, have at it.
- Do you have a strategy for my case and how long do you expect my case to take to resolve? These might be the most important questions to you because let’s face it none of us wants a long drawn out court hearing, it’s stressful not to mention costly so ask your potential attorney what their strategy will be along with how long they think the case will take to be resolved. Just keep in mind the length of time is more on the judge hearing the case than the attorneys, as well as on the parties involved and how quickly they can reach an agreement.
If you need best family lawyers that will get the best outcome for you, contact us at https://www.nationalfamilylawyers.com.au/ today for legal services.
It is best to discuss with reputable family lawyers who provide expert advice. Contact Pentana Stanton today to get your issues resolved.